Thursday, October 23, 2008

Squash in a crock pot ?

I have been considering what kinds of soups my family enjoys. While I enjoy ones that are broth with veggies and so forth in them, the guys really gravitate to cream ones. Or creamy sort of textured ones. In the past they have really enjoyed things like pumpkin peanut Soup or cream of mushroom. Chowders are also a winning option.

I noticed that our local market has winter squashes on sale . Great ! However our oven has been behaving oddly, and I do not like to use it as a result. A thought occurred to me- would it be possble to cook a large amount of butternut squash in the crock pot, puree it and freeze it in small quantities to use to make soups ? I don't see why not. I think I will pick up a bunch this weekend and play with it.

Anyone have any experience with this ?

No comments: