Friday, October 3, 2008

Oats, I almost forgot you !

Cold morning + hot oatmeal= BLISS !!!

I had forgotten how much i love rolled oats in the morning. I have been eating a veggie omlette for breakfast almost every morning for close to a year,but this morning we were out of egg beaters. Egg beaters plus vegetables has made a very satisfying, low point breakfast that stays will me. Also gets a really good jump on those veggie servings for the day.

I am thinking that I need to start eating oats for breakfast more often, and perhaps move the veggie omlette to my lunch meal. I could have the best of both worlds that way. Alternate these with Bocca burgers and it makes for two low point meal options.

Weigh in tomorrow. I belive we all had a good week. Plan is to head out early in the morning to go hiking or walking somewhere before hitting the grocery store and then comming home to deal with Mount Chop Me. It will also be our Saturday Night Ritual- the biggest loser picks a family board game, we read the Sunday paper and have our weekly ice cream ( we all save our flex points for this). I love Saturdays, and not because of the ice cream. It is just such a nice way to really connect with each other after some rather crazy events during the week.

1 comment:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I think oats for breakfast and egg beater omelets for lunch is a great idea. I have done that in the past and it is a very satisfying way of eating.

http://pitterpatteroflosingpounds.blogspot.com/