Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A flaw in the thinking

Just realized something in a rather uncomfortable way today. While eating soups and sandwiches and salad for dinner is convenient, cheap and veggie heavy, it is really hard to get in your healthy oils. Not getting in your healthy oils can lead to being constipated- OUCH ! Both hubby and I discovered this today , so I have to make certain that we get the oils in with a different fashion. This morning I had Cottage cheese , Omega 3 flax cereal, a diced apple and I mixed in a teaspoon of olive oil. Helped the problem straighten itself out. Tonight I will be sure to add another spoon to everyone's dinner.

Water is not a problem to get in, nor is the fruits, veggies and whole grains with this approach. Just have to remember those healthy oils !

No comments: