Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Notcho Mamas Oatmeal

Adding to the growing body of oatmeal in assorted options - I blame the bloggers at Kath eats Real Food and For the Love of Oats for directing my thoughts to come up with this concoction.As a kid I thought oatmeal was okay and the only thing that ever fancied it up was a sprinkling of raisins. Then I met my husband who loved oats, and learned about adding brown sugar to it. Next was the discovery of steel cut oats and I thought I had found Nirvana. Then one find day I stumbled onto the two blogs I mentioned, and oatmeal will never be the same. Thank you !!!!!!

Notcho Mamas Oatmeal- serves 2
( named because none of our moms would have considered thesde options)

1 cup solid pack pumpkin
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats ( or combine rolled oats and rolled barley flakes)
2 t cinnamon
2 apples, chopped
2T ground flax seed meal
2 T slivered almonds
2 T peanut butter

In a pan combine water, oats and pumpkin. Place on medium heat and stir constantly till oats thicken ( about 5 minutes). remove from heat,divide into two bowls and sprinkle each with 1 t cinnamon, 1 chopped apple, 1 T flax , 1 T almonds and 1 T peanut butter on each. Mix and eat.

WW points- 6 and 2 fruit and veggies servings.

No comments: