Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Wednesday much like January

It was a busy day of back to normal school yesterday as well as menu planning and lesson planning for me. Things got really tense in the frustration department due to math for son and trying to remember what is happening which day for me. Some weeks I just wish I could call something like Seattle Sutton , pay the money and have them deliver all our meals. But then I remember all the reasons I do what I do, and I buck it up.

It was a good day with exercise , and while the hungries still were knocking on my door , I found that they were best addressed with a cup of green tea. I hate these hormonally based cravings ! Right now , at this time of life, there is no assurance of just how long I will have to battle these because things are simply not regular. Could be a day, could be a week, could be many weeks. So finding solutions that really work for me is critical to my long term progress.

Hubby and I spent the evening watching On Demand episodes of Ruby and Diet Tribe. We both like Diet Tribe better, but both shows sparked a lot of intereasting and meaningful discussions. I like spending time like this with my husband. Some days he can be the best girlfriend I could ever want !

And now, the particulars of the day.


Breakfast
3/4 c Flax plus cereal, 1/2 c cottage cheese, 1/4 c crasins, water,coffee






Lunch
1/3 c Homemade hummus with garbanzos, garlic, lemon juice and nonfat yogert
2 c celery and carrot sticks, 1 wedge laughing cow lite cheese,apple,water




Dinner
Chicken asiago spinach sausage in marinara sauce over whole wheat couscous
tossed salad ( spring mix, mushrooms,cucumbers) ,Wishbone Salad spritzers
water

snacks
2 Green Tea
1/2 c sugar free pudding
TLC Bar
1 cup lentil soup
1 c nonfat yogert w 1 T cocoa powder 1 Tsplenda
1 apple

Exercise
Wii fit 40 min ( 30 min run 10 min balance games)
Pilates bands 10 min

Filling foods 11
water 14 (112 oz)

Plan for today is more school, a walk outside in the first time in 2 weeks above freezing temps and some housework.

No comments: