Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I absolutely want to SCREAM !!!

The last three weeks weigh in have shown a gain or a maintain, which I have been simply smiling, being patient about and telling myself the scale is not the only way to determine success. Okay, keep plugging. BUT, since weigh in on Saturday my Wii has shown that I have experienced a gain every single day. Wear the same outfit, balance board in the same spot,same bat time, same bat channel. Sunday, up half a pound, Monday up 2 pounds, and today up 4.5 pounds. WTF ??? Not constipated, who knows when and if TOM will come again if ever, no cheats, measuring, weighing and journaling every bite, like taste, no sodium filled foods, so why in the heck a 7 pound gain in less than 4 days ?

So I reveiw my food logs, and looking at the pictures it dawns on me. For my body i am eating WAY too many carbs and not enough protien. I have PCOS and it makes me insulin resistant, so end result is that it takes any carbs I eat, holds onto them like it is starving to death, and packs on the pounds. I can and have literally gained weight eating nothing but lettuce. Add a little oatmeal to that and it acts like it is a sumo wrestler wanna be. I know this, but I keep forgetting in the midst of all the other things I keep having to remeber.

So ,time to retool my own menu. Time to add more animal protien and cap the starch carbs. Perhaps it is not too late to save the week.

8 comments:

Chews to Lose said...

I too have PCOS and struggle with it all the time. I don't pay too much attention to the carbs/protein/fat ratio and I should. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I think my body is just in shock right now & reacting. I understand how you feel. Let us know if switching more protein into your diet is helpful - maybe I'll take the hint and follow. :-) Hope things get better.

Oh....scream if you want to. It'll make you feel better. AGGGGGHHHHHH!!

Psalmist said...

*grabs you in a huge hug*

Isn't it awful?! You are doing so great though. You can scream in my direction, if it makes you feel any better. :o )

I hope that things start turning around for you, with just a little diet tweaking. *hugs*

Di said...

PCOS has been the thorn in my side for my whole life ! It kept me infertile for 10 years and i finally got it under control with losing 110 pounds. I did it on the old Weight Watchers program of exchanges where fruits were limited to 3 servings, starches were limited to 3 servings and you were allowed 16 oz of meat a day. I am now in a stage where conception is the last thing I desire, and i tend to forget my own body's quirks. I just have to remember, and all should move along.

Keep up the good work ! PCOS is tricky to work with, but it definitely can be overcome !

Shhhhh said...

Hope the retooling helps. I know how frustrating this can be. Good luck!

Sue said...

I have PCOS too, and I know how frustrating it is. You are 100% right in that eating more proteins and less carbs (even the good ones!) will probably help the weight to come off faster. It definitely works for me.

But I still need to remind myself of it sometimes. Who would think oatmeal or whole grain bread would be a problem? Doesn't make sense. But it does make a difference!

I am glad you figured it out! :) Keep the faith!

Fatinah said...

This post is a tribute to the power of journaling. How many of us write shit down, don't get anywhere, and then forget to go BACK and read what we've eaten. Kudos to you for figuring out what was wrong. How exciting to know that you can make some changes and you will likely see the results. Keep up the great work!!

Sheila said...

I do not have PCOS, or I should say have never been diagonosed with it, though I have had many symptoms. Anyway, I am the same way. But my body will take carbs, and turn them into fluid and I will retain like crazy! Maybe your just retaining alot of water this week?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm having the exact same problem. You may be on to something here with cutting the carbs. I may try that this week and see if I notice any difference.