Friday, April 24, 2009

Tapping and clearing

Life seems to have taken a different direction in the last few days, and I am not completely sure why or how. Foodwise things have been the same , exercise as well, but something has been very different. I just cannot put my finger on it. We are eating the same sequence of foods ( oatmeal for breakfast, soup and sandwich for lunch and meat, starch and two veggies for dinner) , but it feels like it is having a completely different affect on my body. Either i am losing again or my skin is shrinking to more adequately fit my body. Not going to step on the scale till tomorrow morning though.

The past week I have been participating in the EFT world seminar, or Tapping conference through the web. EFT is Emotional Freedom technique that is basically combining affirmation statements with the energy meridians( acupressure points) in the body to change your reaction and behaviors. It is currently being used on just about everything to see just what it's full potential is. I practice reiki and Quantum Touch , and I experiment with combining these with EFT on myself, so I decided these seminars would be a great way to further my understanding and perhaps use it in new to me ways. Last night was a session on using EFT for pain managment and another on using it for weight loss. This began with a discussion about the emotional reasons people overeat, and how eft can be applied to break the cycle. This was not nessisarily a new concept to me, but for the first time someone began to lump the attitude of boredom as an emotional eating trigger. And then other ideas, such as the need for emotional strength and even more. I found it to be very eye opening . And the root cause of emotional overeating is not so far removed from the emotional reasons behind cronic pain in the body- again this proved to be very eye opening to me. I went through the suggestions for application with the tapping sequence and affirmations, and found myself feeling very different as a result. We turned in, and my mind was still feeling very relaxed. However, at 2:30 am I was awakend with a thought , or rather an ability to put into exact words something that has been deeply bothering me for the last 15 years, but I had no ability to put into words. My husband was half awake as well, and we began to talk. Or rather that I was able to say what I wanted to say for so long, and through that I said something else that had also been buried for 27 years. Pretty potent stuff, that EFT.

What doies this mean ? I don't know. But suddenly it feels like a wall has come down. Will it let the flowers in , or does this just make it easier for the wolves to get to the door ?

1 comment:

JC said...

Very interesting. I'll have to check it out. Have a great weekend.