Thursday, March 19, 2009

Teaching is work

Yesterday it was an absolute miracle that I got any exercise in at all. I woke up and got involved immediately in something with my energy work that took more time than I had planned on. Then we moved into school mode and ran into snags with both language arts and math. Both wound up adding almost 2 hours to our school day with no real resolution- very frustrating. Then the remainder of our courses took more time and needed more explanation than anticipated, and the both of us felt stressed, aggravated and just unpleasant. We broke out The Biggest Loser weight loss yoga to get in our exercise and de-stress, but found we still could not complete the whole routine. We did get in 25 minutes of work, and felt much better afterwords. Our school day ran much longer, and I was stressing because this was also the day I had to do menu planning and grocery list planning. About 3 oclock I realized I had not gotten into the shower yet, and then it was time to start dinner. I planned on going out tomorrow evening to do some clothes shopping, and in order to frede up time it meant doing next weeks lesson plans as well. I did and got in some more strenght training and yoga exercises after dinner, but had to stop because of my knee pain. The more I try to work poses like The Warrior and The Cresent, the more unstable my bad knee becomes for a time, and it limits my modility. However, not pushing will never get the muscles that support it to build up and improve, so you gotta do what you gotta do. I did wind up begging to the universe to clone me several times during the day though. There are not enough hours to do what I need to get done, let alone analize how others are progressing on their journeys and writing bullying comments about it. Like it or not, my life is a lot more than weight loss and numnbers on a scale. Same is true with everyone else, and it is the balanced person who realizes that.

So yesterday's log

exercise-
Biggest Loser Yoga 25 min
srength training 15 min
water 136 oz

Breakfast-( not pictured,same as last umpteen days)
Oats, barley and rye with pumpkin
ground flax,wheat bran, crasins,seed nut mix,coconut,goji berries,olive oil and peanut butter
Yo plus digestive yogert, pear
coffee,water

Lunch-
Lentil veggie soup, Dubliner cheese
2 Wasa rye crackers, celery and carrots
Blood Orange, Yo Plus Digestive Yogert
Fresca

Dinner -
Grilled greek chicken, barley
corn on the cob, green beans
Fresca

1 comment:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

I applaude you for having the patience and dedication to home school. I know I could not do it - my children would hate me, too! No patience. Helping them with homework is not pleasant either :( I'm workin on it!

And whoa, that was some busy day! Yay, for getting in all that exercise, too!