Friday, February 27, 2009

Venial cause for pause

I think a day of fasting and abstinence is not such a good thing for my body anymore. I have fasted in the past and had minimal problem because of it. Yes I get hungry and tired, but all is well the next day when I eat. Wednesday I followed the fast/abstinence rules and felt oddly odd. Not sick, not in pain, but just odd. Yesterday I woke up feeling not so great andas the day went on I felt like I was on the verge of getting sick, headachy and bone deep exhausted, which began to change immediately after eating dinner (chicken). Then last night in the middle of the night I woke up with such intense hunger pains that I laid awake debating just how much damage a small snack may or may not do. I grabbed a bottle of water instead, and tried to fall back to sleep. No such luck. This morning for breakfast I was so ravenous I could have eaten the fridge itself ! Today is Friday and another day of abstaining from meat, but I am not going to adhere. I have an allergy to fish and seafood, beans raise my glucose levels badly, nuts do not stick with me , and eating eggs two meals in a row is something I just cannot tollerate. Only my dinners will be meatless. Good point is that even though I felt like crap, I got in my 30 minute exercise minimum, and I am convinced my homemade rowing invention is going to work out just fine.
Here is how the day broke down
exercise-
Wii fit strength training 10 min
rowing 10 min ( felt very energizing)
bike 10 min ( made me feel even more unwell, so I stopped)


Breakfast-
Egg beater omlettte( mushrooms, green onions, red pepper, asparagus)topped with salsa
Fiber One bar,Yo Plus digestive yogert,apple
coffee,water

Lunch-
Bocca burger on Thomases whole wheat english muffin with wedge of laughing cow cheese
tossed salad with crasins and nuts
apple, yo digestive yogert
Diet Sierra Mist


Dinner-
Pepper Lime Marinated chicken breast
Whole grain brown rice blend, green beans
tossed salad
Diet Sierra Mist


Snacks
Spa water through the day
Pre breakfast- Parsley,thyme,nettle, dandelion tea
Morning-parsley tea, 2 carrots
afternoon- Parsley tea,sugar free jello,carrot
evening- Sugar free chocolate pudding, yo digestive yogert
Fiber plus bar

water 12 (96 oz)
Fruits 3
veg 11
lean protien 2
dairy 3
healthy fats 2

3 comments:

Kinder said...

Oh, man. Sounds scary how you were feeling! I have never fasted before, but I can imagine that it would leave you feeling quite drained.

Shhhhh said...

I can't fast because of blood sugar issues. I'm down for the count if I miss a meal.

skywind said...

Food is very rich, very rich in nutrition. Thank you for sharing these out. : D

http://eyesinkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
http://fymtyh.blogspot.com/