Monday, June 14, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Yesterday wound up being a very lazy day ! It started out with intentions of doing more productive things, but fell into a happy, peaceful chaos that just made me smile a lot.

It began with breakfast
A bowl of oatmeal that was cooked with a third of an apple, third of a pear and topped with about a third of a cup of blueberries. My new portable personal French Press completed the scene- just plain coffee with sugar free french vanilla creamer. It felt like a french vanilla kind of morning. Then I made the mistake of stumbling on to a bunch of old photographs that I thought my siblings would get a kick out of , so I started scanning in pictures and putting them up on facebook. One of the best things about facebook is that you can post pictures and anybody can save them to their hard drive and do whatever they want with these. We have been coming across old photos of our great grandparents , various aunts and uncles and this way everybody gets a copy. Some of the photos just made me crack up- like this one

It is of one of my nieces, and it always makes me belly laugh ! She is now a young woman who will soon begin her own family with the love of her life, but in my mind she is always going to be this cute little munchkin I think !

By lunchtime the idea of being lazy productive was gaining more appeal.
Baked turkey burgers on Earth Grains thins with fruit salad made an appearance. I baked the burgers because I did not want to waste time digging out the grill. After lunch I was still scanning, re- reading notes on the lymphatic system and Bob was working next to me on some project for work. Nick was not feeling the greatest ( sniffles and just worn out from last night's concert) , and fell asleep. So what do mom and dad do when the kids take an unplanned nap ? Or more importantly , do things change between two people who have been married a long time ? Let's just say that this is the way families increase in size :-)

Dinner was perfect for a lazy day - pot roast in the crock pot. I had planned this because we were going to be out and about, but now it just made a nice lazy kind of meal

So there you have it- a lazy Sunday with no guilt. I think it is psychologically healthy to take a day to just kick back, putzy play and enjoy the company of the ones you love. This morning I feel ready for the world...or at least a small corner of it

2 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I just love days like that!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

It's great you had a wonderful relaxing day! thanks for sharing those beautiful family pictures.