Saturday, September 19, 2009

On a roll

It seems that we are definitely on to something with this new method of calculating calories and exchanges. It is working. Results for the week are as follows

Me- down 0.6 ( I will take a slow and steady loss any day !)
Hubby - down 0.8 ( Would probably have been more had it not been from a wedding rehersal dinner last night)
Son - down 1.4

It seems the calorie count for each ( me at 2000, hubby at 2500 and son at 3100) is the level we need to be at. Starting next week ( because I am now including them in the menus I plan) I will start including the calorie counts for the meals. Before this I wrote down the plan, crunched the numbers on the calculator and did not include them on the final menu plan.

Breakfast yesterday was 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 3/4 c bluberries and 1 c rice chex with coffee

Morning snack was 100 calorie almonds and grapes

Lunch was roast beef and cheddar on an Aldi's Original Wrap with 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, celery and carrot sticks and a cup of alphabet soup.

Afternoon snack was an apple and probiotic yogert

Dinner was a 3 cheese pizza on an Aldi's original wrap with mushrooms and bacon bits, cucumbers , celery and carrots on the side. It was a "love Dinner" for son and I , as hubby had to be at a wedding rehersal. Not pictured a little later was a 110 calorie ice cream bar , Fiber plus bar and a small clementine for snack- son and I were watching Glee together and I forgot to snap a picture.

My knee is still hurting , but has improved with rest. I am going to try taking a daily course of asprin to see if it helps keep down inflamation. I am also noticing that the original cause of this may be the way I am sitting at my computer- my leg is resting at a weird sort of angle because of the placement of my printer. It gets in that angle at the dining room table( also our school table)because of a couple of things that we have stored under it. I am going to try to make a concious effort to straighten me up while sitting at these places. I bet it will help.

2 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I'm glad your knee is starting to feel better. Take it easy!

Have you ever heard of the site SparkPeople? They have the most wonderful tracking tools for nutrition, exercise, goals, weight, measurements, etc. And it's free! I really enjoy it a lot.

Great job on keeping the calories at a certain level. That will really help you stay successful with your weight loss!

Di said...

I was actually using Sparkpeople for a while but several things I tried to log in could not be found in the proportions I was easting, and it got to be too much of a hassle so I stopped. Now I just use the information on the food label or the nutritional information from a restaurant website plus a calculator for those odd measurements ( like 1 tsp onions and so forth. Sparkspeople does have some excellent offerings for weight loss !