Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Monday with the Wii

Yesterday son and I tried Wii boxing again. There is something really fun about battling your mom and teacher in a more aggressive arena ! You can work up quite a sweat in a short time with this game, but you can also really wrench your elbows playing it. It seems so realistic that you start moving with the same force as real boxing, but there is no resistance of reality to protect your joints. Am I saying that correctly ?? Playing this reminded me that I really want to get the Wii Sports Resort for the rowing and archery games. I really love rowing !

Thus began the new calorie level program. This week will be a little wiggy because I am scrounging to bring things up to level- 2000 calories for me. Breakfast was 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2/3 cup blueberries and 1 c wheat chex.

Midmorning I realized that I had to add to my own intake, did some quick calculations and added a pear as a snack

Lunch was egg salad on Arnolds Thins, a cup of alphabet soup, grapes, celery and carrots and a 100 calorie pack of almonds. I would so rather eat nuts or cheese than chips most times !

Afternoon snack was probiotic yogert, almonds and an apple

Dinner was chicken caccitorie ( the chicken is really in there, just hidden my a bunch of mushrooms, peppers and onions) over cauliflower"rice" and steamed spinach. I noticed that fresh spinach cooked in a steamer has a different taste than frozen. Nuttier it seems

Evening snack was an apple, a snackpack pudding and a Fiber Plus bar.

Tonight begins another season of The Biggest Loser- I plan on watching. How about you ?

No comments: