Wednesday, September 2, 2009

At least school went well

Much better day for school yesterday. Unfortunately that made a much worse day for exercise ! I still really struggle to get both of those ends balanced and flowing as they should. I wear a pedometer and yesterday I did not even get in a thousand steps ! If it was not for isometric crunches, I don't think I would have gotten any exercise at all. Did have some progress with my son in math and writing skills though. One of his disabilities makes just physically writing a challenge, and things like essay writing almost impossible. We have worked very hard helping him to overcome the one and now we work on the other. That is indeed more important than me fitting into a size 6 by Christmas.


Breakfast was 2 breakfast burritos on Aldis Wraps with V8. The wraps contained egg beaters, mushrooms, onions, peppers, cheese and turkey sausage. A can of low Sodium V8 accompanied and coffee. Really good ! I used to make breakfast burritos on flour tortillas with eggs, so this is a healthier , lo cal version of an old standard.

Lunch was a hummus pizza on an Aldi's flatbread. Red pepper hummus topped with mozzerella, black olives, mushrooms and bacon bits. Cucumber spears, carrots and celery on the side with a diet soda.
Afternoon snack. I forgot to snap a picture of the cocoa almonds before I opend it, so here is the contents of a pack of these in a 100 calorie snack.


Dinner was a new thing that will definately be back. Italian beef and tomato sauce( homemade marinara sauce with ground turkey) over zucchini and mushrooms with a spinach salad on the side. I took a potato peeler and pared the zuchs into long, noodle like slices and steamed them with sliced mushrooms for 5 minutes. Quick, tasty and really filling !

Later in the evening it was the ole reliable.Fruit, nuts and a bar. I can't help it- I really love this combo !

No comments: