I claim a senior moment . All day long yesterday I forgot to take any pictures of food ! Not only that, but one meal was something that I could only gestimate calorie wise ( stromboli at our produce market) , so I will take the day to do an entry of something else. My inspiration comes from Diane at Fit to the Finish and is called 10 things about me. Tell everyone 10 things about yourself that they may not already know. Should be fun- here goes !
1. In my life before kids I worked as an electrical tester and moved up to an engineering assistant who got to build prototype designs. One of the projects I worked on was this new , unheard of device called the cell phone.
2.I have made 13 full bed sized quilts in my lifetime and several wall quilts.
For a time I worked the craft show circuit with creations I had sewn or painted. I stopped when one of my partners, my father, had a heart attack, bypass and lost the upper body strength as a result. He did woodworking.
3.I did not learn to read till I was 6 , but once I did I quickly zoomed to a high school reading level , and I read for pleasure and understood Charles Dickens at the end of second grade.
4. We lived in our second apartment for 19 years, and had the landlady not died we would probably be there still. It was the upper floor of an old Victorian home where the yard was like a forest. All our babies were born there( we have had 5 miscarriages, one stillbirth and one living child). I loved that place and it will always be the place I consider to be my home. I lived there longer than anywhere else in my life.
5. I never planned on homeschooling, and had never even heard of it till my son was 2 yrs old. I began when he was 3, in an attempt to give him speech therapy and planned to take it year by year. He is now in his junior year of high school, and we have homeschooled him through it all. In that time we have never joined a support group and never attended a conference.
6 We were infertile for 8 years, and we corrected it through diet and weight loss.
7.My husband and I are of different faith paths, and are both considered clergy in each of our faiths. In our 28 yrs of marriage we have never had a fight about matters of spirituality or spiritual practice. Any fight we have ever had was about money.
8. I am the oldest of 5 and my husband is the oldest of 6. I believe this fact is the reason that when we decide to do something ,it gets done
9. As a child I was terrified of cigar store indians and ventriloquist dolls because I thought they were shells waiting for a soul and they might try to steal mine if I stood still near them.
10. My favorite book as a child was a collection of poetry illustrated by Tasha Tudor. In it there was the poem Rebecca by Hillaire Belloc. I adored that book and lost it in a move. I was thrilled to discover a copy of the poem in The Children's Book of Virtues not long ago. It made me want to sit down with a gallon of milk and a handful of Salerno Butter cookies, which must first be worn as rings and then dunked in milk.
So now you know. Back to food journals tomorrow !