Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thank you little plant friend !

One of the side affects of the herb I am taking for my knee( agrimony for those who are interested), is that it deeply relaxes you. If taken in the proper dose, it makes tissues calm down so that fluids balance out, tissues relax and the body returns to it's normal state. For some reason many have used it for cases of "the trots", and its other affects have gotten pushed under the rug. Yet the very appearance of this plant speaks volumes about what it will do. It looks much like a cartoon cat that has been badly frightened, with tiny hairs standing up all over it's body. I begain taking it on Friday , and it brought the size of my knee back down to regular size. I got in a lot of walking in short bursts, and then it's secondary affects began. I was incredibly sleepy tired. So much so that I was in bed before 8 pm, and slept till 6 am. For me that is a miracle !

Today my knee feels pretty normal, and I plan on hitting the woods for a walk later this afternoon. When I come across the argimony plants growing there, I will have to say a special thanks.

2 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Wow, that sounds like a miracle drug(herb), especially for insomniacs! Is it ever used for that?

Di said...

I think , depending on the causes for insomnia, it could definitely work. Such as if it is caused by tension, rather than physical discomfort or erratic brain wave activity. One herbalist who uses Acrimony for tense muscles and something the Chinese call "stagnant blood", has had patients take agrimony tincture and suddenly sleep for 3 days straight.