Monday, July 20, 2009

A good night sleep can be hazardous to your health

Woke up this morning after the first decent night sleep in almost two weeks to find my back in severe pain. Turns out that my muscles relaxed so much and I got chilled. Ouch ! Hubby gave we a reiki treatment, made breakfast and then I was pain free enough to be functional. No exercise because I was a bit skittish about hurting my back, so i took advantage of the time today to do some personal study.

Breakfast was Pumpkin oats with ground flax, crasins, dried papaya, coconut, candied sunflower seeds and olive oil. Ah, the power of oatmeal and coffee to get a body moving !

Lunch was a La Tortilla tortilla with roast beef and assorted baby greens. Cut the one into four peices so it looks like a party and higher volume. This pared with carrot sticks, a cup of watermelon and a pack of Smartfood 100 calorie white cheddar popcorn. Sadly all of the 100 calorie packs have some kind of dairy, but so far it does not seem to be bothering me so i don't know what the heck is going on. Menopause is such a fun time of life...NOT !


For dinner I got the feeling that we might be eating too many bready things, so i made a warm chicken salad. Bed of assorted baby greens, steamed asparagus, chicken breast seasoned with five spice powder, sauted in a small amount of peanut oil and sprinkled with almonds. I should have crushed the almonds, but I got lazy.

I am hoping for a good night sleep without morning back spasms !

2 comments:

sartaj faisal said...

Hi

I think sleeping is also effective on health.

Diet Plan
,
Walk In Clinic
,
Diet Menu
,
Healthy Diet Foods
,
Pain Management
,
Health and Medicine
,
Real estate blogs
,
JObs opportunities for us
,
Travel In Pakistan

JC said...

Sounds like your knee pain traveled north. Sorry but glad you are able to get around. I'd love the gelato recipe. Have you posted it before and I missed it? Hope your back is better today.