Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nervous


Another day of completing my walking challenge, and we did 30 minutes of Wii Sports Resort cycling ! Good day ! The Management slipped a note under our door that they are coming in for an inspection on Thursday- not an unusual event but it may be in response to a complaint made by the people downstairs.To be honest, I will be VERY NERVOUS until this is over !

Breakfast was yummy fruity oats with Pepita ( pumpkin seeds to many). Contained blueberries, apple, pear , dried cranberry and cinnamon.

A productive morning was followed by a good lunch- the Quinoa bean salad over baby spinach
It was a good afternoon till we found the notice slipped under our door !
Instead of being a binge eater, I tend to shun food when I get nervous or upset, and Bob kind of had to coax me to making dinner. This one I was not as thrilled about as other dishes- Quick vegetable Bean medley
Take a red pepper, fresh broccoli cut into small pieces, sliced mushrooms and black beans, saute steam in water , season with Mrs Dash and garlic powder. Top with sunflower seeds( 2 T each). I served it with the Healthy Slaw. This dish really needed "something" and we all decided some soy sauce would do it ( it tasted like a stir fry wanna be). Not going to make this one again.

Going to cope with my anxiety in the way I know best- scrubbing ! Some women reach for chocolate in times of stress, I reach for a rag and bucket and proceed to scrub everything I can get my hands on. I feel better, it burns off energy and my house gets cleaner as a result !

7 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Hang in there, Diane! And those neighbors should BUZZ OFF!

Gosh, I wish I was like you when I get stressed! My house could use it ;)

karen@fitnessjourney said...

I'm the same way when it comes to stress. I like to say that you can always tell when I'm upset because my house will be spotless. Seriously though, it is great that you are coping with this negative situation by doing something positive. It's a really healthy approach. I hope that the situation resolves itself to your satisfaction.

Angela Power said...

Your meals all look so INCREDIBLY healthy!!

I wish I was a "shun food" in stressful moments kind of gal in exchange for a scrub :-/

Hope all goes well there!

WWSuzi said...

I really wish i cleaned when i was sick, i'd definitely have a clean house right now!
You are doing great and you know what you have to do to get yourself through the stress and back to where you want to be.

Jeremy Logsdon said...

That stinks. Hope everything turns out okay. You could always start it off when it comes up by saying, "I assume you are here to let me know you're going to do something about those noisy neighbors of ours downstairs! All they do is beat on things constantly!"

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

I hope that the inspection is painless. I am annoyed at your neighbors!!

I tend to eat when I'm stressed, so I admire your alternative. Much healthier than bags of M&M's!

Enz said...

Hey...a little worried about you since your last post...yours is normally the first post I read each morning. Hope you are all ok. Hugs.