Saturday, March 13, 2010

Losses and gains


Another Saturday , and another weigh in. It's been a week of losses and gains. Happily, all the losses are scale wise

Me 237.6 DOWN 2.2
Nick- DOWN 0.4 ( small but consistent losses at this time, so it's good)
Bob DOWN 1.2 ( Yes Virginia, real veggies are better than V8)

And the Gain was a good one - 7 lb 6 oz and 20 inches long. May I present my new grandnephew Jordan Paul
I am looking forward to meeting him this Easter ! However , through the miracle of cell phones and Facebook, I got to see his face and keep up with all the exciting details of how a couple becomes a family. It's a great thing !

The weather broke yesterday, and we were able to go outside for a walk. A wet, muddy, wish we were ducks kind of walk ! It was really nice to get out to get some sunshine and fresh air for a change. We also got in a half hour of Wii Sports Resort and tried to think of other ways to get in movement without making noise on the floor. My son can be very silly creative with this !

Eats- blueberry oatmeal for breakfast, with dreams of ways to use millet and quinoa more somehow next week. I am finding I really like the taste of quinoa ! It can be bitter if you do not rinse it properly, but if you get that downpat, it is a very tasty grain ! I had the last of the quinoa bean salad for lunch with veggies on the side
Definitely going to make this again, and I may even bring it as a dish to pass for one of our family gatherings.

Dinner was Whole Wheat Pasta with roasted veggies over a bed of baby spinach. Veggies were yellow squash, butternut squash, eggplant, mushrooms roasted with a little balsamic vinegar and then tossed with chopped tomatoes and fresh basil. Add cooked whole wheat pasta and place on a bed of baby spinach- it is one of my favorite meals ! I am thinking about making this to bring along at Easter. We are eating this way and three of the kids are vegetarian, so it would be a good choice.

Busy day of errands ahead and then a fresh round of veggies to chop. Have a good one !

2 comments:

Jeremy Logsdon said...

Yay! Good news all the way around. :)

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Congratulations on the losses all the way around! I read your post from yesterday about the squeaky floors. We have them too. I can't imagine that carpet will fix them, although it will be nice to have new!