What a nice way to start the day ! Thank you to Kristina for the following
And here are the are instructions that come along with this award:
1. Copy the image and display it on your blog.
2. List 10 things that make you happy.
3. Try to do at least one of them today.
4. Pass on the award to 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
Hmm...now to narrow it down to 10. So in no particular order....
1.Reading The Onion. Complete and total parody of current events, snippets of life and trends. It always makes me laugh, and often so hard I can't stop for a long time. Always does it.
2. Music. What kind and who really depends on the mood I am in. Sometimes it involves listening, other times I have to create it on my guitar. Music always makes me happy, and I find if I go a couple of days without hearing any music I get really, really bitchy.
3. My husband. He's got a way about him...there is something about his energy that, for a lack of a better word balances mine, and makes me happy.
4. My son. I don't think I ever wanted or loved another person even before they existed as I do him. In those 10 years that we battled infertility I knew him, loved him and knew he would one day come into being- all I had to do was fight to bring him into existence. Now, no matter what is happening in my life , the fact that he was born is proof that miracles do exist and I have been part of this one. The older I get and the more I deal with PCOS, the more I realize what a true miracle he really is, and that makes me smile.
5. Mud and rain. I look forward to times when I can walk in the rain without an umbrella, coat or shoes if at all possible. It feels like The highest power in the universe is cleaning everything away. I am not Christian, but two contemporary christian songs Healing Rain and Flood seem to remind me of just how this feels for some reason. The last one has the bonus of being about rain and mud set to music !
6. Strong Wind. Just sitting in a very stiff wind makes me very happy. It is energy, it is movement, it is refreshing and it is cooling. The last place we lived was on the econd floor of an old Victorian with great cross ventilation. On windy nights I would love to open the windows and just let the wind blast over me , and it would make me giddy with happiness. Added benefit if it was the time of year when the mints were up, the roses were blooming and the last of the lilacs were fading.
7. Learning something new. Be it a word, a fact, a new blog, I love learning something new. I then take it and weigh it against things I have learned in a similar vein and finding my own truth.
8. Healing. Not because I am a healer and this is what I am supposed to do but because it brings balance to a small part of the world. If all of the unbalanced and broken bits of the world were brought into a place of balance and therefor healing, we could accomplish miracles.
9. Handicrafts. Take one thing, manipulate it in some way and you get something totally different, interesting looking and useful. It's kind of like Christmas morning and magic watching it unfold.
10. Little kids making honest mistakes. It always makes me smile because it shows how innocent we all start out in life.
And now my 10 picks
Marissa at Loser for life
Enz at Downward Trends
JC at This and That with JC
Hollie at Hollies Weight Loss Blog
John at John is Fit
Webmom at My life on a Diet
MissFatAss ( her choice, not mine) at Did I Just Eat That Outloud ?
Jen at Jensylvania
Spunkysuzi at Spunkisuzi working towards a healthier me
Kathy at Kath Eats Real Food