Thursday, November 5, 2009

The taste of success

It seems that my body is adjusting nicely to this lower carb -higher protein approach . A few years back I did Atkins, and one of the first goals to get your body flipped from burning carbs to burning fat had a teltale sign of a strange taste in your mouth. That started yesterday for me- which is a lot faster than it happened in that attempt. I am not rejecting carbs- just limiting them in my intake. I am taking this taste as a good sign that I am indeed making some progress. Another thing that is a sign for me is that I am once again running to the bathroom frequently. When my body flips to the weight loss mode, the potty becomes my best friend !

Two of the dishes I tried yesterday. The first one was my alternate grilled cheese sandwich. I took a handful of button mushrooms, a red onion and about a cup of broccoli, sauted it in olive oil and topped it with a slice of mozerella cheese, then microwaved it for 30 seconds to help the cheese melt.

I served it with sliced cucumbers and tomato- very tasty, simple and filling.

I found out sometime within the next 2 weeks our bathroom is going to be totally remodeled in a day , no definate date for it yet, and we will spend the day without water or facilities of our own. While this seems like a nothing, for me it is really stressful because of the weight loss side affects. The are going to give us access to one of the vacant apartments for the remodel, but still I am very anxious about it. So I spent much of the afternoon trying to figure out how to handle different scenarios with this while playing with the Wii boxing. Best way I can handle anxiety is to use logic and get my body to do something productive with the energy.

Dinner was something I am calling "Fakeroni and cheese with Ham

Take one head of cauliflower, break it into florettes and boil for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile make a white sauce ( roux and milk) and add garlic powder , a pinch of dried mustard , a cup of mozerella( or any other shredded cheese) and a cup of ham cubes. Cook till thick, then put the cauliflower in a casserole dish, pout the cheese sauce over and mix. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 min. Serve with a tossed salad- really good !

Today I am going to try the flax meal bread recipe. I had no ill affects from yesterdays Peanut butter flax cereal, so I am good to go .

3 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Glad your meals are working for you!

I love Wii boxing!

JC said...

Sounds like your on a good path. Your food looks yummy.

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

I'm glad that your low carb choices are helping you! I know it's hard, but that remodel will be just fine, and try and think about how much you will appreciate having that updated bathroom!