Sunday, November 22, 2009

Into the holiday season !

Another week, and another chance to engage in scale warfare ! While my hormones may believe that have the final say in what my body type looks like,my mind is determined that it will have the final say, and I will try again. In some ways , the battle with the scale has been a life long friend. I became overweight when I was about 18 months old, and my grandmother speculated that it was because I have concrete bones. I belive that she may have been right when I was very young. I present proof through this picture, taken of me when I was 5 yrs old. According to the scale I weighed 195 lbs. ( I am on the right)

Incidentally, this was the last time I was under 200 pounds, and it is my goal to get there again .

It is thanksgiving this week, and for the day we will be heading to my mom's house to gather with family, but I cannot resist making a turkey for my own family ! Today I am going to roast one for us and make a batch of low carb stuffing to serve with it. Cranberries made with Splenda, broccoli and cauliflower to compliment and it will be like a mini feast. My son , the budding chef, is instructing me as to how I should treat the bird before roasting. It makes me chuckle to see how passionate he has become about the treatment of food !

On the exercise front I am planning on forgetting that we are STILL waiting in suspended annimation for the bathroom remodel to happen and that I am going to live my life as I desire, not simply as a person waiting for something. Walking and Wii fit will happen.This is real life- not waiting for Santa

That was my next younger sister and I, one of the last times we visited Santa and made our requests. Even after I had been told the reality of Santa, I still believed that there was a force that represented ultimate good and generosity in this world. A force that still grants the most innocent childlike wishes in our hearts simply because we were good children. At one time I felt I really needed the aid of this force, sometimes named as St Nicholas, and I made a request under the Christmas tree that he would bring me the greatest gift of my life. The man in the red suit delivers

and I named him Nicholas in his honor. So this year, as we head into the Christmas season and start making lists and wishes, I present the man in the red suit with another one. Let me get under 200 pounds and send my aggravating hormonal cycle packing ??? Pretty please ????

No comments: