Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sleep

Perhaps it is the cooler fall temperatures, perhaps it is the more predictable pace of life, perhaps the change in eating, but we are all sleeping better these days. Sleep is good. Sleep is important for overall health and weight loss. It seems you only learn to respect sleep when you are not getting enough !

I sat down yesterday and planned the menu for next week. A required thing to do in order to keep everyone on track, insure everyone is staying at the proper level of points AND to insure we have enough food available to accomplish this. I planned 7 days of 3 meals  with snacks for 3 people at 3 different point levels, and afterwords announced that any variation from the plan would result in immediate death of the one who strayed. A bit rough, a bit like a warden, but after 6 hours with a cookbook and calculator, I was a little stressed out. And then afterwords I had a terrifying thought. What if this is not working for us ? What happens if Saturday rolls around  and we see another gain ? We will be locked into another week of a bad for us plan.And if this plan was not working, what next ???

I watched The Biggest Loser last night, and I am completely over that show. I see no inspiration, find no motivation, and I am even starting to heckle Dr Huzinga ! I switched to Glee instead ( pure fun) and flipped to catch the last few minutes of Dancing with the stars and the latest episode of 19 Kids and Counting. All seemed to be more compelling viewing than  Bob and Jillian. Seems the show is also way down in the ratings as well. One reason is the shows they are up against this season. Perhaps another reason could be that everyone is getting a little jaded about the weight loss journey and the problem of obesity in general.Not sure, but it seems that people would rather watch dancing and high school singing drama instead of people sweating and puking .

2 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

I feel like all is right with the world when I'm getting good sleep, too!

I'm with you, Diane, on TBL. It's just not doing it for me anymore. I'll probably tune in for the finale because I do love seeing the transformations. But, all the yelling and screaming to get there...not so much.

WWSuzi said...

I never could watch that show!