Thursday, June 25, 2009

Exercising in spite of it all

I haven't been taking food pictures lately because we seem to be eating the same thing just about every day. Breakfast is oatmeal or crockpot grains with pumpkin and the same toppings, lunch is a sandwich on arnolds thins with veggies, snack is a green monster, and dinner is now another sandwich with veggies.Terribly exciting stuff to the whole world, PLUS photos take a great big chunk out of the memory /space that Blogger allots to you. So unless we eat something different, I will just skip the photos.

Yesterday was another really hot and humid one, so we stuck to Wii fit. I felt bad about missing the opportunity to get out in the sun, but not so bad about the missed opportunity to have my knees try to buckle on me from arthritis. There are days that I think spening an hour playing Wii bowling and tennis gets us more calories burned than our walk, with less asking "are we done yet ?" and comments about how someone is hot and getting buggy bites.( Son has an allergy to mosquitos, which has always made out door activities in the summer months interesting). The Wii tennis is fun, and if you are not careful you can really hurt your joints smacking at that immaginary ball ! In the evening we all did Wii fit, and I was in a kind of restless mood, and I remebered all of the reasons that I fell in love with Yoga when I was a teen. Which reminds me, I really need to get back to The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD. I keep forgetting some of the options I have at my disposal !

I have been experimenting with non dairy milks for a variety of purposes, and learning to make my own to save money. Yesterday I tried making coconut milk, and it was easy. Coconut is surprizingly good for your body, especially if you have any kind of thyroid condition. Mine is wiggy because of PCOS and Menopause, so coconut is a good choice for my body. To make it you take 1 cup of coconut (unsweetened) and 1 cup boiling water. Let them soak till the water cools and then process in a blender. Strain out the liquid and store in the fridge for 3 days. It does seperate, so shake before using or skim off the top portion and use as coconut cream. This milk would work best for cooking it seems. I added it to our oatmeal this morningand it made for a slightly richer tasting bowl.

Not sure what the scale is doing right now, but suddenly my underwear are all getting bigger. It is annoying because they keep twisting under my clothes and getting bunched up in uncomfortable ways. Ill fitting underwear makes you cranky ! Guess I should break out the tape measure and find out if I have lost enough inches to make that number go down.

1 comment:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

LOL!!! Gives new meaning to the phrase "don't get your panties in a bunch"! Sounds like you need to get out that tape measure and see some results!