Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 3 Weigh in

I think we found the right balance for Nick ! Finding the right balance is such a key to long term success.

Weigh In
Me- down 3.8 lbs ( this now makes a total loss of 10.8 lbs with just giving up dairy and using the Wii for exercise)
Nick - down 2.8 ( still snacking, eating normal food, exercising with the Wii)
Bob- Up 0.6 ( a very bad week at work , 3 sleepless nights and an allergic reaction)

I am still so completely amazed at how well my body is responding to being dairy free ! I am eating nothing fat free( actually easting things like coconut oil and butter- which baffles me why I can eat it and not milk), eating a few normal cookies with lunch, a handful of chips and even carbs like white pasta. I am even eating normal full fat salad dressings and full fat and sugar non dairy creamer in my coffee. All of these things, in past attempts, would have gone out the door in the effort. This time weight loss is not my main focus, but instead gaining mobility and joint health with the understanding that less weight will be less stressful on my joints. In all past weight loss attempts I would work to insure that I got a minimum of 3 servings of dairy each day. It blows my mind that following that simple good health advice might have been sabotaging my efforts all along.

2 comments:

Keller said...

I believe you are all still heavier than when you first began your journey - ? What happened?

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

I'm glad you're finding your balance. Sometimes it takes a while to find our groove - good thing we aren't quitters!!!
Hugs, (cyber hugs are non-contagious)
Mary