Saturday, July 3, 2010

A week of Grace

It's Saturday, which normally means a weigh in, but it was mutually decided that WE ARE ON VACATION !!!! Weigh in will happen next Saturday, and for the next five days we are officially on vacation. Does not mean we will go nuts, just means taking a break from all forms of routine life for a week.

I spent yesterday creating some trail mix and packing it into individual sized servings, in an attempt to kill the Vending Machine Monster. In the past, when we have made pit stops we often grab something out of the vending machine to munch on. Let's face it- long car rides can get really boring and munching is one way to pass the time and prevent from falling asleep. So packs of trail mix, a cooler with fruit and cheese sticks and bottled water will slay that beast. The plan for road food is to head for Walmart's on the way , as they have Subway in nearly all of them. Subway is not perfection, but a darned good alternative.

Now if I just remember to pack enough pairs of socks, I'll be good to go !

7 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Have a great vacation!! Mine starts Monday :)

Dutch said...

Have a great time on vacation.

blessedmama said...

I am totally with you on giving yourself a weigh-in break! It relieves stress and just lets you relax a bit. Have fun!!

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Have fun on your vacation and travel safely!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Have a wonderful vacation! I think planning for snacks in the car is very smart!

Kim said...

Make sure to take pictures! Hey, if you stand in front of any of the Ripley attractions, just remember yours truly has stood on the same spot. lol :) So, I'm gonna have to backtrack on your blog to see how gluten free is working for you b/c I've been thinking about doing this. I hope your family has a super great time. :)

Kim said...

Hey, I just found out I'm going to be in Gatlinburg this weekend. It's a surprise from my hubby. I think we're leaving early Saturday. Maybe we'll run into eachother on the strip. :)