Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trekking Poles and salad finds


Yay !!! Found my trekking poles last night at Walmart !! 19 dollars for the set, adjustable, aluminum and have tips for two kinds of surfaces. They do make walking a whole lot easier, and make me feel stable enough to walk on all kinds of surfaces.

While we were out , we went to Steak and Shake for one of their new salads. This one was Apple Walnut salad ( romaine, apple wedges, grapes, dried cranberries , walnuts and blue cheese crumbles with a balsamic vinagrette on the side) . I ordered it with a grilled chicken breast, and it has to be one of the best fast food options out there right now ! Nutritious, flavorful and filling !


Today is going to be very hot hand humid here with an Ozone action alert posted. We are going to skip the late afternoon family walk but I am planning on getting Nick to head out with me early for a neighborhood stroll, and the do the bike with Bob tonight. Gotta keep working twoards the goal- places like this are not going to be very accessible if I am not very stable !

4 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

That is a great fast food option!

It's be SO humid here, too, and rainy :(

Anonymous said...

Isn't our humidity crazy??!! It felt worse after it rained this morning!

While I love summer, September and October are my favorite weather months. :D

Kenlie said...

The salad looks absolutely delicious!

Also, congrats on finding the trekking poles. That shows a huge commitment! You're not going to let anything stop you! Way. to. go!

Anonymous said...

Good article. I will be experiencing a few of these issues as well.

.

My webpage :: cellulite treatment reviews