Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Boy makes cranberry relish

My son loves to watch Food Network , loves Thanksgiving and really likes to cook. This morning I told him he could make the cranberry relish, stood back and let him fly. Here is his creation

Cranberry Orange relish

1 bag cranberries
1 large navel orange
1 1/2 cups Splenda
1 T cinnamon
1 cup water

peel and section the orange. Place everything into a pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.Let boil for about 5 minutes( marveling at the pops) and remove from heat. let cool down and refrigerate.

We calculate that it is about 1.5 points for a half cup serving, but don't quote me !

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Your son is the bomb! I guess we know what he's going to be when he grows up... Imma try it!

Di said...

Some days he says he wants to be a chef, some days he wants to be a Minister and still other days he wants to be a game designer. i think if he could figure out a career that combines all three he will settle for that. He does have a real talent with food though !

Skye-Lynn said...

Hey Di, tell Nick that I plan on trying his recipe this week! I hope it turns out just as good as his. :o)

Maybe Nick and Alaina can go into business together one day. Alaina would make an awesome pastry chef. You ought to see the things she comes up with from scratch! She amazes me and certainly doesn't help my weight issue! lol

Who knows, maybe they could open a restaurant!