Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Impatient !

It's been a quiet sort of week here. Been working on strengthening my knee, healing my metabolisim and just dreaming of spring :-)

Turns out , my knee injury is the result of sprained ligaments, and the timetable for healing such is 3-6 months. I do not wish to hear this, as it has been 2 months and 1 week now since the injury. Slow, steady progress is being made, but impatience seems to be building. I am sick of walking with a cane, get really frustrated when my knee shows signs of weakness and just grumble a whole lot  ! I am a very bad patient .

As to the metabolic healing, repairing this can take even longer. Reports I have read indicate it can take as much as a year to see a turn around- again, not what I wish to hear. Yesterday I decided to check my resting temperature, 30 minutes after waking up. If you are "normal" the reading will be very close to 98.6 ( variations within the 98 degree range is considered normal). Mine was 97.5, which is an indication that my metabolism is still trying to balance. It's interesting to me that many years ago , when trying to conceive and using the basal temperature readings as an indication of fertility, my normal temperature was always in the 97 range- dropping to 97.4 when I ovulated and shooting to 97.8 after and then dropping to 97.5 . My weight has been an issue since I was 18 months old , and I have also always registered a low body temperature. This seems to scream volumes in the light of things I have learned recently. My metabolism has never worked correctly, and the root cause  is most likely PCOS  

1 comment:

Shabby Chic Mom said...

Glad your knee injury is getting better