Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fermenting Vegetables with Sandor Katz

I tried the sauerkraut yesterday, an sadly I did something wrong , as I wound up with something that tasted salty and spoiled. I noticed that when I opened the jar it was very dry, so that would indicate that I did not squeeze these enough in the beginning. I came across this video yesterday, and I am going to try this again. I am going to shoot for as moist of a mixture as he has here. Thought I would share the video with you all as well so those of us whom are learning can learn together ! Important points seem get enough liquid, check the liquid and add water if nessisary

2 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I'm sorry yours didn't turn out but i think i might still try it!

Di said...

Just remember to crush it enough to release the juice before you put it in the jar or crock and then crush more to release enough liquid to totally cover the cabbage once in the jar and check daily and add water if necessary. I am going to try it again over the weekend keeping these steps in mind. Like anything, it is a learning process !