Monday, August 3, 2009

Getting back

Today was Baby Got Back day. Back to school, back on track, back to walking. The Bread episode of yesterday was yummy and fun, but it convinced us all of how different out systems are now, and how different we respond when we eat not so great. No one was hungry for dinner, and so we all felt like blood sugar drunk slugs from all the carbs. So this morning, enough was enough. Break out the healthy breakfast, haul out the crock pot to make a batch of soup for lunch and make movement a priority again

Breakfast was a yummy bowl of pumpkin oats topped with ground flax, coconut, crasins and some strawberry flavored yogurt covered raisins.Son was really wild about the idea of having these in oatmeal and I though the bit of natural iron might not do me any harm. We finished breakfast and got to work at school. Once again I was reminded of just how much can be forgotten over a break, and just how much can be absorbed through osmosis !

halfway through the day we broke for lunch. Cut up melon cubes, a cup of homemade lentil soup, a leftover cibatta roll from yesterday's bread orgy, carrots, celery and probiotic yogert. I keep testing the dairy tolerance, and so far we have not had any problems. This was so filling that it carried us happily till dinnertime.

Dinner was the chicken breast we meant to make yesterday and a ton of steamed veggies. While shopping at Aldi's over the weekend I found a three teired vegetable teamer for 20 buck and decided it needed to come home with me. So I tested it out tonight with a mix of green beans, orange peppers and crimini mushrooms with some garlic powder, zuchinni and red pepper with basil and a mix of baby blue and baby Yukon Gold potatoes to keep the chicken breast company. What a great, healthy , fast way to make veggies ! I think I am going to have a very meaningful love affair with this guy .

Tonight is the new season of John and Kat Plus Eight. We are going to watch simply because we are compelled to see what happens. It could be worse TV veiwing !

2 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

All your food looks yummy!

So what did you think of Jon & Kate? I used to love Jon....now I just think he is one step above pond scum. What a travesty of a situation for a family to be in.

Di said...

From the first episode I saw he struck me as a cheater- it was only a matter of time. I think he is going through a mid life crisis and one day he might wake up. It is really sad to see what has become of the whole family, and I keep worrying about what the kids are feeling and that. There is less and less coverage of them these days in each episode, and I don't think it is for a simple shift in focus of the show. It's truly sad to see.