Friday, December 3, 2010

ABC Sandwich

I think I am getting really impatient with this whole healing thing !

I know that it takes time for the body to repair and rebuild, and I know that the process can be very painful. I have experienced numerous broken bones, fractures, sprains, muscle tears, ligament bruises and so forth in my life, and with each it has been a minimum of six weeks recovery. With each has also come the painful process of rebuilding the tissue and getting it back to the same ( or better) level of strength. I know this in my head- but when it comes to practical application I am getting very impatient with the process ! It will be three weeks tomorrow and I am finally able to take about 100 steps a day without holding on to the chair and I am able to stand for longer periods of time but I still cannot bend my leg enough to get into the shower, I still have bouts of pain that make me wish I had Morphine and I am starting to think that I might be trapped in the house forever. We are expecting our first measurable snow tonight - something I have not done well walking on in the past few years without this injury , and is now making the outdoors seem far away and exotic. I worry about how little natural Vitamin D I am getting, how long it is going to take to rebuild my muscle strength and a lot more. ( Hey...a girl needs hobbies , right ???)

In the mean time , I have been experimenting with some different sorts of creations for lunch. I always feel more adventurous with lunches for some reason- perhaps it is because if it bombs at least there is dinner to save the day. I had sandwiches planned, and the idea of tuna salad or egg salad kind of left me cold. I spied two containers of home made, good stuff in the fridge , and I decided to experiement.


Grabbed some home made almond butter, leftover cranberry orange relish, soaked flour whole wheat bread and created a kind of sort of variation on the classic Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich- Almond Butter Cranberry  or ABC Sandwich !


Serve it with celery and carrot sticks for a healthy, satisfying lunch !

I am working this afternoon to create something for Bob's Birthday ( not telling what because he sometimes reads this blog). We do not usually exchange gifts, but I feel compelled to make him something . Perhaps it is a thank you for all that he has had to do in these past couple of weeks around here. Perhaps it is just out of love- perhaps both. I sat down to ask myself what do I have on hand and what can I transform it into , and I think I came up with a winning idea ! If nothing else I am having a lot of fun being creative with a project. As long as I can be creative in some way, I am a very happy camper who is content to wait out the storm.

1 comment:

WWSuzi said...

I do hope you feel better soon!!