Sunday, May 18, 2008

We did it !!!!


The weeks weigh in saw us crossing the mark officially- combined we have lost 102 pounds ! Such a milestone deserves a celebration, but scheduals being what they are, such a thing was hard to come by. We chose to begin a new discipline instead-a weekly walk in the woods. Great way to get in sunshine, freh air, activity points and lots of educational opportunities along the way. Years ago, before several injuries and arthritis, I was quite active. I spent my childhood backpacking, canoeing, camping, skiing and a host of other activities. For the last 13 years I have not been able to get out onto a trail for one reson or another, and for the last 5 pain has been added to that equation. With weight loss there is less pressure on my joints, enabling me to become more active. I have taken up a daily Qigong exercise as well as cardio things, and it has enabled me to do even more. Finally I feel stable enough to begin walking even the easiest trail. So to celebrate our acchivement, we all took a very easy half mile trail in a local state park.

No comments: