Thursday, September 25, 2008

A non scale victory

I took a day off from exercise yesterday for a couple of reasons, but the main one was the fact that lately I have been gaining, and it might be because of increased exercise at the moment. Muscles first break down and then build up, and in the breaking down process your body kicks in with different fluids to help clear out the waste products. I have not been very good about taking days of rest, so it might be a good idea to take one. I double checked all of my food logs to insure that i was not getting in hidden points, and not the case. Plus, doing the program as a family with everyone eating the same but in different quantities helps to monitor. They have been consistently losing, I have been gaining.

I discovered something- the idea of doing no exercise made me really anxious ! Every time I got a spare moment I thought about getting on my bike or taking a walk, but told myself no just for this day. The idea of resting was not restful in the least !I am so glad this is a new day and I can get in some exercise ! When did this happen ? At what point did I begin to actually like exercise ???

No comments: